Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Relaxer Update

Today I relaxed my hair with ORS No Lye Extra Strength Relaxer.  Can you say touch and go..... I will post a pic with all the stuff that came with it. I made it to 16 weeks since my last relaxer 7/31/13 (Hair Goal).  So here where my steps.

1-Base scalp with Castor oil (I didn't have any Vaseline)
2-Cover length of hair with Castor Oil to protect from run off
3-Detangle  hair from large twists it was in since Sunday after my Aphogee 2-step protein Treatment
4-Mix relaxer and apply in 4 sections starting with the top (big no-no)
5-Smooth relaxer through new growth only
6-Wash relaxer out
7-Wash hair with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo 3x
8-Apply Aphogee 2 min Reconstructer leave in for 2-5 mins
9-Rinse
10-Apply ORS Replenishing Conditioner and cover with plastic cap and twist towel and sit for 30 mins
11-Rinse
12-Apply Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner then rinse
13-Air-dry, while occasionally shaking head back and forth and finger combing

So once the relaxer was done I went into a panic because from the looks of my hair it was bone freaking straight.  You know so straight there is no life left in your hair.  Now mind you I have not relaxed bone straight in about a year so I was not prepared for this .  A few a my hairlistas calmed me down and kept me from going from one extreme to the next.  Thank you Keena Beena, Slimscoily, and Wanda Zita.  Yall are hair savers. My scalp did not burn so no scaring.  Once my hair air dried it got back most of the thickness it had before I am just able to feel more wind in my scalp then normal. LOL. So I sprayed a heat protectant and then curled my hair with my Liv Clipless Wand and snapped pictures!! 
I did do a length check and I have reached my first goal which was to be APL before the end of the Year and I have accomplished that!!! Ty Ty Ty ladies again.  I do need a trim so I will be waiting till the end of Dec  to document my starting point all over again for this next phase of my hair journey.  Mind you once I have reached Bra Strap Length I am pretty sure I will leave it at that length.  I have to say that over all my hair seems a lot healthier then it was before.  I am more aware of how I am treating it and when I am taking it too far and risking major damage.
My major thing about being on this hair journey is get to a length that I am comfortable with, have healthy hair, and enjoy may hair.  It doesnt make sense to me to grow all this hair to never do the styles that I like and show my progress. Thats might just be me. Oh well. 
So while on this next leg of my journey I will be starting up my workout regimen, hopefully on the 11/25/13.  I am not sure just yet how it will affect my regimen but I'm not really worried at this point.  I'm just enjoying the fruits of my hard work.  I am sooo happy!! BTW I wanna say thank you to the hairlistas that have put up with me this entire year.  I have been a mess but I wouldn't have made this goal with out you!!! Just to name a few Jamaican Babe, Daintyffany, Taya, Keena Beena, Shawnyboy, The Hair Porn, Ashley Smith, and so many more I can't name but you know who you are!!!  
Now for the pictures...... I know that's all you want! LOL

 My natural curl patter stretched.

The relaxer I used and its contents.



My curling wands and Flat Iron.  I used the one in the middle for this look. 


Current length as of today to the left, full APL. and last length check 09/23/13 close to grazing APL
.\

My final results!! This girl is so happy!!

1 comment: