Sunday, February 1, 2015

The relaxed girl's puff

I have been dreaming of doing a puff but was at a loss because of how straight and long my hair is.  About a month or two ago I told one of my fellow Hairlista's about the plan to create this look.  I had no idea how I was gonna do it but I knew at some point I would try.  So today was the day!!

Prep:
Last night I wanted to do a protein treatment but Slim talked me out of it since I had done one a week ago.... So instead I did a prepoo with my oil mix.  I parted my hair and oiled and then massaged.  After that I applied Herbal Essences Honey I'm strong to my ends and then proceeded to cover my head with a conditioning cap and tied a scarf around the perimeter to trap the heat and moisture.  By this point it was midnight and I was REST to go to bed. LOL. So I did.

Wash:
Fast forward to the morning, I got up with the plan to go to church.  I washed my hair 2x with the Creme of Nature Argan Oil Sulfate Free Shampoo.  Then I applied the CON Argan Oil Intensive Treatment and let that sit while I was in the shower.

Drying:
I used a regular towel this time, I know, tisk, tisk.  I normally use a t shirt.  Meanwhile, this particular towel soaked up all the water. My hair was barely damp but I had my leave in and mousse to saturate my hair with.

Styling:
I used the CON Strengthening leave in and ORS Wrap Set Mousse.  I sprayed the leave in to saturate my hair then the mousse on top of that.  I used the white and orange/peach colored perm rods. I parted my hair first in 4 big sections and then smaller sections from there.  I have no clue how many rollers I used but I still had some left.  I sat under the dryer for 1.5 hours before my hair was completely dry. Then I rubbed Hask Monoi oil on my hands and proceeded to take the rollers out.  Once they were all out I put a little more Monoi on my hands and began to separate each curl 2 or 3 times.  I didn't want to disturb the curls too much because I need this to last a good week with workouts included. LOL.

I tried just using a headband first and that was a fail because the point in a puff is a laid perimeter. So after talking to Shawnyboy from Hairlista I figured out what I was missing.... A good brush and a old stocking that I could cut and some jam. Once I got that together it was all about the shaping.

And now for the pics.  NO STEALING!!!
  • -RelaxedCourtCourt

No comments:

Post a Comment