Friday, November 1, 2013

My weight situation.....

So, I have not really struggled with my weight all my life just the latter parts of it.  Between high school and beginning of college I have been able to maintain 115-125 without much work.  Well fast forward to now and I am a whopping 196. Yeah.......... not ok.  I was extremely happy in my early 20s between 125-145.  I had just enough meat to cover the bones but not enough to make me obese.  I was my "healthy sexy" as I like to call it.  Well as of late my diet, hormones, stress and life have spiraled out of control because of my own foolishness.  I know better, I have the tools and I do nothing with them.  But let me say this.  My heaviest was 210. *hangs head*
  So now I am slowly but surely taking it off but struggling to do it.  I am struggling with consistency. I am struggling with motivation.  I am struggling as seeing myself as worth it.  So, I take baby steps.  My first step was to get tired of not liking how I looked in my clothes.  I hated myself every time I got undressed. I hated myself and felt sooo self conscious about how my family and friends and bf at the time felt about how I looked.  I know that he noticed I was letting myself go.  When I met him I was at 175.  I know he felt and saw the change.  We tried working out together.  He stayed with it.  I let it go.  He always said if you don't like it change it. So true.
  No one can change me but me.  I know what my problems are and I have yet to take the time to deal with them.  So until I deal with all of the underlying issues I choose to take baby steps. So my first baby step was incorporate smoothies.  I was consistent about it for a few weeks and then I trailed off.  I also did a lot of walking with a friend at my local park where we had no choice but to complete 4 miles cause there was no way back.
  Well now the seasons have changed and my asthma is flaring and the lack of medication has kept me at bay of being able to go out and exercise when I desire. So I am on the hunt for a workout that takes no more then 30 mins a day.  I probably could commit more time to exercising but I really just don't want to until I have the stamina, means, and I won't pass out.  My goal weight is 135-140 (sexy healthy).
  I am looking into Focus T25 by Shaun T (Beachbody).  My cousin has been doing it for a few days and she says she gets the same feel of Insanity but without having to commit to hours. I am hoping that this is the right fit for me. I am trying to boost my well being and self-esteem and this is a major contributing factor to my horrible self image. Pray for me. And follow. Thank you. Be blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Sending a prayer of encouragement your way doll! If it wasn't hard then it wouldn't be worth it. Start slow. Recommit to your weight-loss journey everyday.

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going about this weight loss thing all the wrong way! Everything you just described sounds like a chore; like you're cleaning the bathroom or raking leaves smh. I agree with KLP in "start slow" don't limit what you eat just how much; if you want French fries eat them, just not as much. Same goes with eveerything else; it's quantity that gets people in trouble. Now for exercise; try something fun...I for one do pole dancing (yup you read right) it's hard but it's soo much fun! Find a girlfriend or a gay male friend (not sure if you're comfortable with the latter), ignore skinny B*s that say that the only way to lose weight is the gym or some boring diet. I'm a Physical Therapist and Holistic Health Practitioner; there are easier and more enjoyable ways to get your SexY Back!! Trust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmm, pole dancing, lol, only in my house. lol. I hear you @ KLP I do need to recommit everyday. And yes starting slow is the way to go. I lost 20 and put back on 7. I was doing fine as long as I was moving because I became more aware of my intake. I also enjoyed smoothies a lot too. So today Im taking measurements, I don't know about pictures..... We will see.....

      Delete